The Shure Beta 58A is a high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. It maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range. This insures high gain-before-feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration.
The Beta 58A has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. The superb performance of this microphone is not affected by rough handling because of its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille. Typical applications for the Beta 58A include lead vocals, backup vocals and speech.
• Cartridge Type Dynamic (moving coil)
• Frequency Response 50 to 16,000 Hz
• Polar Pattern Supercardioid
• Output Impedance 150 ohms
• Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage) −51 dBV/Pa (2.8 mV) 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
• Weight Net: 0.278 kg
• Connector Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male